PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
The Exaltation of the Holy Cross – 14th September, 2014
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 13th September:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Maura Buckley, Ballyvouskil
Sunday 14th September:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Mass for People of the Parish
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Tim & Hannah Ring, Mologhroe
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Peter & Dan Kelleher, Gneeves
Anniversaries: Sheila Cronin, Main Street; Kathleen O’Flynn, West End; Dan Cronin, Pound Hill; Jeremiah Doody, Dooneen; Nora & Dan O’Mahony, Cloghoulabeg; Kathleen O’Donoghue, Aubane; Denis & Nora Tucker, Ballydaly; Kit Hickey, Knockduff; Hannah O’Sullivan, Two Gneeves; Annie Murphy, Cullen Village; Michael & Mary Collins, Fedamore; Donnachna Vaughan, Newmarket.
Mass Intentions for next week-end:
Saturday 20th September:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Tadhg Moynihan, Killarney Road
Sunday 21st September:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Frank & Chrissie O’Riordan, Dromsicane
Cullen 10.15 am. Catherine Dineen, Carrigaline, Rathmore
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. William & Catherine O’Shea, Cockhill
Millstreet Church: Mass times for this week – unless there is a funeral
Mass on Monday at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Tuesday for Dan Lehane, Tullig at 10.00am.
Mass on Wednesday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
There will be no Mass on Thursday
Mass on Friday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
LEGION OF MARY meeting on Monday night in Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
MILLSTREET CHURCH ALTAR SOCIETY for 21st & 28th September Group A.
Rotas for Next Weekend 20th/21st September
|6.30 p.m.||Tim Linehan||Group D|
|11.30 a.m.||Jerry Doody|
|9.00 a.m.||Deirdre McAuliffe||Group D|
|10.15 a.m.||Aisling O’Riordan||Group G|
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (21st): Sean Hickey.
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Kit Hickey, Knockduff.
Mass on next Friday at 7.30p.m. for Annie Murphy, Cullen Village.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m. All are welcome. Requests for Prayer & Special Intentions – A box & slips of papers for these intentions can be found at the back of the Church. The box will be then placed on the Adoration Chapel so that people attending can pray for them.
HUGH O’FLAHERTY MEMORIAL SOCIETY: Announce details of 2014 Tour to Rome and Montecassino. Departing 2nd November and returning on 6th November. Details & booking forms (064)6637928 or email: <email>
YOUTH & PASTORAL MINISTRY COURSES: The Diocese of Kerry are offering both of these courses to adults interested in developing the knowledge & skills to work with young people (Youth Ministry Course) and to those wanting to become more involved in parish life (Pastoral Ministry Course). Details from Parish Office.
DEEPER CONVERSATION – will recommence on Wednesday next 17th in Parish Centre at 7.30p.m. Theme of discussion “Jesus said “I am the Good Shepherd.” What is Jesus saying to you?
- MILLSTREET GRAMOPHONE CIRCLE meets in the Canon O’Donovan Centre next Friday 19th at 8.15p.m. The presenter is Maurice Linehan. All are very welcome.
- COFFEE EVENING in aid of Marymount Hospice will be held in Ballydaly Hall on Friday 19th September from 8.00 – 10.00p.m.
- SET DANCING will resume in Ballydaly Hall on Wednesday 17th September from 8.30p.m – 10.00p.m. Everyone welcome.
- SET DANCING recommences in Aubane on Monday 22nd September at 9.15p.m.
- DART COLLEGE SERVICE TO CORK will resume in September. Anyone interested please contact DART office (029) 60633.
- ANNUAL LEGION OF MARY PILGRIMAGE TO KNOCK SHRINE: Sunday 28th Price for Bus: €20. Contact Patricia (087) 9048659
- THANK YOU to all those who supported the Knocknagree Ladies Football Church Gate Collection.
- ARTHRITIS IRELAND: will run the award winning “Living Well with Arthritis” course this autumn. Details from (01) 6470206
- AUBANE’S ANNUAL CHARITY Fancy Dress Committee is now accepting applications from local charities in the Millstreet Area who wish to benefit from this year’s event. Please apply in writing to: John F Kelleher, Chairman, Aubane Social Club, Aubane, Millstreet, Cork before Tuesday the 16th of September 2014.