PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Twenty Third Sunday in Ordinary Time – 7th September, 2013
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 6th September:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. John Cronin, Lackabawn
Sunday 7th September:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Jerh Noonan, Coolinarne
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Timothy, David & Nora Twomey, Knockduff
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. John & Margaret O’Shea, Killowen
Anniversaries: Denny McCarthy, Kilmeedy;Christy Dennehy, Church Street; Denis & Catherine O’Connell, Tullig; Joan O’Shea, Coole; Han Radley, Minor Row; Paddy Healy, Pound Hill; John (Jackie) Kelleher, Adrivale; Michael Casey, Toorenbawn; Connie Kelly Jnr., Ploverfield; Jack O’Connor, Knockduff; Julia Buckley, Lislehane; Jeremiah O’Leary, Toorbonia; Michael Murphy, Cahirbarnagh; Dan & Lena Buckley, Cahirbarnagh.
Mass Intentions for next week-end:
Saturday 13th September:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Maura Buckley, Ballyvouskil
Sunday 14th September:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Mass for People of the Parish
Cullen 10.15 am. Tim & Hannah Ring, Mologhroe
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Peter & Dan Kelleher, Gneeves
Millstreet Church: Mass times for this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Anne Gallen, West End & Luton (recently deceased) at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for Christy Dennehy, Church Street at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday for John Jackie Kelleher, Adrivale at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Michael & Mary Collins, Fedamore at 7.30p.m.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
LEGION OF MARY meeting in Parish Centre on Monday night at 8.00p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 13th/14th September
|6.30 p.m.||Catriona Kelleher||Group C|
|11.30 a.m.||Eileen O’Sullivan|
|9.00 a.m.||Liam Flynn||Group C|
|10.15 a.m.||Tom O’Riordan||Group F|
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (14th): Jerry O’Sullivan
There will be no Mass in Cullen on Thursday night (11th)
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m. All are welcome. Requests for Prayer & Special Intentions – A box & slips of papers for these intentions can be found at the back of the Church. The box will be then placed on the Adoration Chapel so that people attending can pray for them.
YOUTH & PASTORAL MINISTRY COURSES: The Diocese of Kerry are offering both of these courses to adults interested in developing the knowledge & skills to work with young people (Youth Ministry Course) and to those wanting to become more involved in parish life (Pastoral Ministry Course). Details from Parish Office.
- OVER 50’s REGISTRATION NIGHT: This Monday 8th September in Canon O’Donovan Centre from 7.30p.m. New members welcome.
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY SINGERS recommence classes on Thursday 11th September at 7.30p.m. in Parish Centre. All welcome – especially new members. Contact Marie (087) 6863887 or just turn up on the night.
- The organisers of Millstreet Hospital Fund would like to thank everyone who supported the recent Church Gate Collections in Ballydaly, Cullen & Millstreet. Total collected: €3,220. Thank you for your continued generous support.
- FUNDRAISING DANCE in aid of the “Bring Jamie home” fund in Cullen Community Centre on Saturday 13th September at 8.30p.m.
- CULLEN PIPE BAND thanks everybody who supported its recent church gate collection. Enrolment of new members in band hall on 10th September at 7.00p.m. Enquiries from: (087) 2347651.
- COFFEE EVENING in aid of Marymount Hospice will be held in Ballydaly Hall on Friday 19th September from 8.00-10.00p.m.
- SET DANCING will resume in Ballydaly Hall on Wednesday 17th September from 8.30 – 10.30p.m. Everyone welcome
- MALLOW HOSPITAL & EQUIPMENT FUND: Annual Church Gate Collection next weekend (13th/14th)
- MACROOM FLOWER & GARDEN CLUB: Floral demonstration by Sandra Jackson entitled “Autumnal Delights” on Thursday 11th September in Coolcower House at 8.00p.m.
- GNEEVEGUILLA ATHLECTIC CLUB will commence training in Cullen Community Centre on Monday 8th between 5.00-6.00p.m. A minimum of 25 children required.
- ANAM CARA will hold its monthly Parent Evening on Tuesday 9th September at 7.30p.m. in Tralee. This is a free service available free of charge to all bereaved parents. Further details from (01) 4045378.
- ANNUAL LEGION OF MARY PILGRIMAGE TO KNOCK SHRINE: Sunday 28th Price for Bus: €20. Contact Patricia (087) 9048659