PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
FOURTH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME – 3rd February, 2013
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043 / Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: Nora Dineen, Cloghoulamore
Larry Kelleher, Church Hill, Cullen
MASS INTENTIONS THIS WEEK-END:
Saturday 2nd February:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Pat Buckley, Cahirbarnagh
Sunday 3rd February:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Patsy & the deceased member of
The Murphy Family, Ballydaly Lower
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Matthew & Hannah Murphy, Lisnaboy Upp
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Dick Pomeroy, Clara
ANNIVERSARIES: Peter Dineen, Cloghoulamore; Meg Kelleher, Aubane; Jeremiah & Hannah Kelleher, Toorenbawn; Betsy Murphy, Killarney Road; Joan Horgan, Kilmeedy; Pat & Nora Horgan, Ballydaly; Molly Murphy, Ballydesmond.
MASS INTENTIONS FOR NEXT WEEK-END:
Saturday 9th February:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Julia & Daniel Duggan, Claraghatlea
Sunday 10th February:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Willie Neenan, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15 am. John J. Murphy, Lisnaboy
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Patsy McSweeney, Ballinkeane & Rathcoole
PARISH CAPITAL COLLECTION LAST WEEKEND: €6,380.05 Thanks.
MILLSTREET CHURCH: Mass on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 10.00a.m., unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m. – followed by blessing of throats for the Feast of St. Blaise.
Mass on Friday for Con Corcoran, Murphy’s Terrace at 7.30p.m.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet. Requests for Prayer & Special Intentions – A box & slips of papers for these intentions can be found at the back of the Church. Each Tuesday & Wednesday the box will be placed on the altar for Mass and then placed in the Adoration Chapel so that people attending can pray for them.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 9th/10th February
CHURCH TIME READER EUCHARISTIC
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Sharon Lane Group A
11.30 a.m. Jerry Doody
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Dan O’Riordan Group B
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Dominic Cronin Group B: Kathleen O’Sullivan & Joan O’Donoghue
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (10th): Conor Morley
Mass on Thursday for Ted Condon, Coalpits at 7.30p.m. followed by Blessing of Throats for the feast of St. Blaise.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 9.00p.m. All are welcome. Requests for Prayer & Special Intentions – A box & slips of papers for these intentions can be found at the back of the Church. This box will be placed on the altar so that people attending can pray for them.
MILLSTREET CHURCH ALTAR SOCIETY for 10th & 17th Feb Group A.
DIOCESAN COLLECTION next weekend for Lourdes Helpers. Ballydaly Diocesan Collector: Anne Marie Murphy
CONFIRMATION MEETING: Parents/guardians of all children receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation this year are invited to a meeting on Tuesday night next 5th February in Millstreet GAA Hall at 8.00p.m. This meeting will be facilitated by Bernie McCaffrey from the Kerry Diocesan Pastoral Team. Confirmation will take place on Wednesday 24th April at 11.00a.m
* MILLSTREET COMMUNITY COUNCIL AGM on Tuesday 12th February at 9.00p.m. in The Wallis Arms.
* CULLEN & DISTRICT SPECIAL NEEDS ASSOCIATION: Annual sponsored weigh-in continues every Monday night.
* MILLSTREET COMMUNITY SCHOOL: IHCPT – Iris Pilgrimage Trust Pre-Lent fundraising cake sale on next Saturday night 9th February in Parish Centre after Vigil Mass. 4 week Cookery Class with chef Frank Moynihan commencing 14th February at 8.00p.m. Enrolment for this class on next Thursday 7th Feb at 8.00p.m. in the school. Enquiries to (029) 70087.
* TALK BY Rev. David Armstrong – “The Personal Cost of Ecumenical Reconciliation in the North” in Millstreet Community School on Monday 25th February at 8.00p.m.
* CURA CRISIS PREGNANCY SUPPORT SERVICES IN KERRY are currently recruiting volunteers to train as counsellors. Information session Thursday 14th February at 10.30a.m. in St. John’s Centre, Tralee. Further details from (066) 7127355.
*ANAM CARA will hold its monthly support meeting on Wednesday 6th February at the Silver Springs Hotel, Cork at 7.30p.m.
* THE DOMINICANS are offering affordable distance learning programmes in theology which can be followed either for academic credit or for personal enrichment. Contact: The Priory Institute at (01) 4048124 or email: <email> for details.