Duarriglewood is a recently restored coachhouse sitting on the Blackwater on one of Ireland’s oldest woods, 2 mins drive to Millstreet town and country park. 20mins drive to Killarney and Mallow town.
The Coachhouse is historical with gothic windows, stream outisde the garden, set on one of Ireland’s oldest woods. On the banks of the Blackwater guests can go fishing visit local castles, theatres, arena and the beautiful country park. Killarney town is only 20 minutes drive with an array of visitor attractions, spas, restaurants and entertainment to avail of. Locals are very friendly in the area which is so relaxing and scenic!
Having grown up in the area Duarrigle woods was always special, the wood is now covered in a blanket of buttercups and ready for the blue bells to take over. It is truly picturesque to see. Over the wooden bridge which is all available to guests lies a bench to sit and reflect with a statue of Padre Pio over the stream. Kids love to take a picnic at the stone circle and run around the setting or play on the swings. Ducks arrive in the summer with Doves flying freely.
Local indian and chinese restaurants are only five minutes drive or if you prefer the vintage restaurant offers great meals. Take a day trip to the Millstreet Country Park which is both educational with a tour guide explaining the history tour the fountain is breath-taking and deers are everywhere to be seen.
A regular choice with guests is the Banteer Playground which again is set in a natural wood, where children can safely feed the ducks and swans, visit the park and have a picnic. The donkey sanctuary is also a short drive with fields of Donkey’s to pet and feed … all for free.
For Fishermen, the Blackwater river is onsite which is opn to coarse, salmon and trout fishing, a gilly can be provided is needed. A trip to Ballyhass lakes can also be organised.
Killarney Town is definitely worth a visit with state of the art hotels, shopping galore, markets,concerts nightly, street music, pools, cinemas, Killarney Park, Pet farms, Torc Waterfall, and Muchross House and gardens are worth a visit horse and cart. For the Ladies great spas and treatments available.
An on-site beautician, shiatsu practicioner and reflexogolist are available to guests. Times and dates can be organised to suit.
The owner of Duarrigle Castle lives just next door which is a lively house full of musicians.
The area is peaceful with nature, friendly and near all amenities. A great choice and a great location!
- Duarriglewood is a recently restored coachhouse sitting on the Blackwater on one of Ireland’s oldest woods, 2mins drive to Millstreet town and country park. 20mins drive to Killarney and Mallow town.
- Central heating
- Dish washer
- Washing machine
- Clothes drier
- Cooking utensils
- Room for 5 in the living room
- 1 bathroom(s)
- 2 double bed(s).
- 2 cots.
- 2 single sofa bed(s) located in onsite.
- Bed linen and towels provided.
- Room for up to 5 people.
- Satellite / Cable
- Quiet area.
- Panoramic views
- Interesting views
- External lighting
- Not suitable for pets
- Not suitable for wheelchairs
- This is a non–smoking property
- Wind surfing
- Horse riding
- Cinema / Theatre
- Food shop
- Millstreet Arena 5 minutes drive, golf course 10minutes drive, soccer, tennis courts 10minutes drive
- Recently restored coach-house set on the banks of the Blackwater river, stepping into one of Ireland’s woods untouched, unspoiled with natural fauna there. Go fishing for salmon, trout 100yards away, visit the National Millstreet country park ten minutes drive to go back in time with history restored crannogs, deers and a lovely restaurant. Visit the lakes of Killarney, swimming pools torc waterfall, horseriding or the unspoilt beaches driving distance. Visit local castles within 5 minutes drive cinema a great cuisine..great hospitality, peace and quite in a breathtaking setting natural and untouched!
See more on details on the coach-house on VillaRenters.com
Contact Trish @ +353 (86) 0213351, or by Email: <email>