Mike Cotter has a number of queries of people from the Millstreet area:
1) I am trying to find out anything that people might know of the family/descendants of a Patrick Forde and his wife Julia (Riordan), who lived in Gortaveha, Drishane at the end of the 1800’s. I know that two sons of theirs emigrated to the States and one grandchild, Nellie Forde, was born in 1895 in Scotland.
2) I am also interested in finding any descendants of a Dan and Margaret Riordan who lived in Toorboney, who were married in 1903 and had the following children; Tim, Julia, John, Michael and Hannah, all born between 1903 and 1911.
3) Lastly, I would also like to make contact with, or find out about the family of Dan Buckley and Johanna Riordan, who were married on 9/2/1896, and lived in Caherbarnagh. They had 8 children; William, Margaret, Tim, Julia, Mary, Hannah, Josephine and Daniel.
GAA: * Junior B Football Championship Replay: St Johns 1-8 Freemount 1-7. Oct 14th 8pm.
* JBFL Grp 1 final: Millstreet 0-11 Lyre 1-6, Sat Oct 15th in Millstreet Town Park [read the match report]
* U15 Football: Millstreet beat Kilshannig in the Semi Final, Oct 15th in Banteer
* Minor League Football SemiFinal: Buttevant 0-6 Millstreet 0-9, 17/Oct/2011
* JBFL County qualifier: Millstreet 0-13 Freemount 4-3, Friday 21st Oct 8pm, in Millstreet
* Junior B Championship Semi Final: St Johns V Glenlara, Sunday 23 October at 2pm