* Cork U21 Football Championship Quarter Final: Midleton 2-11 Millstreet 1-9
* Munster Minor Football Ch/ship – Final: Tipperary 3-11 Cork 1-09. Kevin Crowley started at wing back, but suffered a serious shoulder injury after only a few minutes :(. Cork missed his real attacking influence for the rest of the match. Get well soon Kev. [Read the match report] [see the highlights of the game on TG4]
* JBFL2 Final: St.Johns v Freemount, in Kanturk @ 8pm Friday, 8 July
* 2011 Munster Junior Football Championship Final: Cork v Kerry, Wednesday July 6th at 7:30pm in Pairc Ui Chaoimh. Niall Kelleher, Aubane is in charge of the Cork team.
* Duhallow Junior A Football Championship @ Castlemagner, 7pm Saturday, 9 July: Millstreet v Lyre
* Duhallow Junior B Hurling League @ Kilbrin, 8pm Tuesday, 12 July: Kilbrin v Millstreet
* U-21 A Hurling Ch/ship: Banteer vs Millstreet in Banteer, Sunday 17th July at 7 pm
Dia is mhuire diobh go leir a cairde and welcome to News Report 1071 from Millstreet.
Fondest greeting s dear listeners and I wish you all the very best on this
sunny Tuesday morning.following a night of heavy rain.
There was little evidence of a recession with all the crowds who turned out
at the weekend for the many outdoor events that were held, The Munster
finals in Killarney. The Garden Show in Mallow, Vintage in Castletownroche
the Millstreet Country Park and so on. All were blessed with fine weather,
so win, lose or draw ,it was great to see the people out in such large
numbers and rising above the doom and gloom.
[read more …] “Regional Report 1071 – 5th July 2011”
The Irish Examiner has a full report on last nights U21 County Football quarter-final:
A BIGGER and more physically imposing Midleton side were simply too strong for Millstreet in a pulsating U21 AFC quarter-final at Castletownroche last night.
Goals at crucial times in each half were the key to Midleton’s victory. In truth they should have won by a more comfortable margin but wasteful shooting prevented them from ever pulling away into a commanding lead…. Read the full report on the Examiner
Light brown shetland pony found wandering around in Laught since Saturday evening at approx. 7p.m. The pony is well used to people and still has bridle on so we are worried he/she escaped from somewhere. He/she is currently being minded in Laught by some concerned people!