The children were thoroughly delighted with the visit of the Mobile Farm to their school today. Clare from Agri Aware was absolutely superb as co-ordinator of the very interesting project and her care and very kind approach to [read more …] “Mobile Farm Visits Presentation N.S. Today – A Wonderful Experience for the Children”
- The Millstreet Matters column focuses on the upcoming Cloughoula Pattern Day, news from Millstreet Country Park, the hunger strike commemoration last week, The Millstreet Festival of Adult Learning, and much more
- Two years after moving to new premises down the Station Rd, Cork County Council are looking for proposals to make use of the old fire station on the Macroom Road which has been lying idle
- In an effort to bring more companies to Duhallow, Cllr Noel Buckley (FG) says that the IDA would do well to see how rural businesses such as Alps, which employs 500 in Millstreet have succeeded.
- Kilcorney notes have all the GAA, Bowling results as well as news from the parish
- A report from the biggest crowd for many years at Feis Laitiarainn
Of course there’s lots more news and stories in the printed version which we would recommend.
Best of luck to Mark Ellis who starts at centre-back for Cork Intermediate Hurlers who play Clare at the Gaelic Grounds, Limerick in the Munster semi-final next Sunday at 1.45p.m.
There will be live updates from the game on the Cork GAA Twitter page at http://twitter.com/#!/OfficialCorkGAA and it will be broadcast live on C103 from 2pm.
The Corkman has a preview of the game. The Cork team will line up as follows:
1. Darren McCarthy
2. John Carey 3. Eoin Dillon 4. Seamus Corry
Dripsey Milford Ballymartle
5. Tadhg Healy 6. Mark Ellis 7. Kevin Hartnett
Buttevant Millstreet Russell Rovers [read more …] “Munster IHC Semi-Final”