* U21 HC: Newmarket 1-8, Millstreet 3-13
* JAHL: Newmarket 1-11 Millstreet 0-14
* JBFL: Freemount 4-10 St John’s 0-7;
* MAHL: Cuchullains (Kanturk & Kilbrin) v Millstreet, Sunday 12pm
* Ladies Football Munster Minor A Championship Round 1: Cork 3-15 Tiperary 1-02 :: Congrats to Alanna Barry who is on the Cork team. [Match report] Cork play Clare (20th April) and Kerry in the next two weeks. Coiste na nÓg Thuaidh * U16 A Hurling League: Kilworth 6-22, Millstreet 0-05
* U14 A Football League: Millstreet 3-08, Thomas Russells 6-17
* U13 A Football League S/Fs: Wolfe Tones 3-09, Millstreet 1-20 (AET)
* Well done to the Millstreet team that played Valley Rovers in an exhibition game at half time during the Cork v Dublin NHL game in Páirc Uí Chaoimh last Sunday (pictured right)
Corinthians Cup Quarter-Final: Park Utd B 3 Rathcoole Rovers A 0
AUL 2A: CFC Banteer 1 Millstreet Celtic 1
AUL 3A: Lakewood Ath 1 Los Zarcos 0
Rallying: Charlie Drake (pictured right) made a return to the Australian Rally Championship over the weekend after a big crash last year (see the crash videos). He was competing in the QUIT Forest Rally 2011, but was forced out in the long 19km third stage of day two, while making steady progress up the classifications to seventh position.
Local runners Donal Coffey, Brian Murphy and Donal Cashman pictured rounding the cross at the top of Clara this evening in the Clara Mountain Run 2011. A beautiful evening with for running. Donal Coffey was in the lead at the cross on top of the mountain despite going a little off course on the way up, but unfortunately was soon passed on the way down. Results will be posted in the next few days when available.
John Tarrant was also at the Start/Finish line taking photos and sent us the two photos above of the runners starting off and Paul Tierney coming in to the finish line to take win.
Ben Hartnett (formerly of Clara Road) got married to Mary Winters on Saturday 16th April in St.Patricks Church, Wicklow Town. In the picture are Ben Hartnett and Mary Winters, Ben’s mother Anna, Ben’s brother Conor, and Ben’s sister Gráinne and husband Patrick Casey.
Photo thanks to Fr James McSweeney who also officiated the wedding. It was taken at the Franciscan Friary in Wicklow Town, with St Patricks in the background
Millstreet Community School is today’s very appropriate venue for the annual Féile Cheoil 2011. An opportunity to experience some of the very finest traditional music, song, stories and dance from many different wonderfully gifted participants.