I am seeking any information on a Johannah Buckley, born at Dooneen Cross, Millstreet, to Con Buckley and Johanna Murphy in 1856. She had three brothers and four sisters. I believe they were farmers and that Johanna’s brother Con, continued on the family farm. Johanna emigrated to New Zealand in 1879 and married James Goggin (son of Patrick Goggin and Kate Kelleher, Gurtnapeasta, Clondrohid, Macroom). I know it is a bit of a long shot considering how long ago it was but any information would be most appreciated. One day I hope I can visit with my family. Megan (email)
• Little Red Riding Hood – January 24th to February 1st, The Marion Players present their annual panto at the Rathmore Community Centre (see the article for specific times and dates)
• Millstreet AC AGM – 30th Jan 8pm, in the GAA Hall
• Public Meeting on Agricultural Affairs – 30th Jan 8pm in the
Parish Centre Castle Hotel Macroom. Guest speaker Eamonn O’Cuiv TD.
• IHCPT Table Quiz -8:30pm 30th Jan in the Wallis Arms – Money raised goes towards sending students to Lourdes as helpers.
• Coffee Morning in aid of CART – 31st Jan 10:30am to 2pm, at the Pub, Carriganima
• Dromtarriffe Juvenile & Ladies Club Underage Social Sat. Jan 31st in the Wallis Hotel Millstreet.
• At Your Service: Sherkin North Shore – 8:30pm Feb 1st on RTÉ1 TV, The Brennan Brothers help out Kathy & Mike O’Connor at their Residental and Cultural centre on Sherkin Island