Congratulations to the Mark Ellis who played at wing back for Cork Intermediate hurlers in their victory over Waterford in the Munster Final tonight. While Cork trailed for most of the game, they never gave up and finally pulled ahead through a Bill Cooper point in the 59th minute before John Halbert sealed the victory with an injury time point. For the commentary of the game as it happened, see the Official Cork GAA Twitter page. For the lineup of the teams go to the Cork GAA Website.
Thanks be to god Waterford didn’t beat us twice in one week!
Cork County Council have sent out a number of tweets today listing some special events that are coming up in Millstreet Library in the next month (July/August 2010). These are:
- Thursday 22nd July & Thursday 29th 3pm – 4pm Felt-making workshop with Amanda Wright. Numbers limited, phone: 029-21920
- Conversational Irish: held every Wednesday at Millstreet Library from 11am – 12pm. Everybody Welcome. Beidh “Comhrá as Gaeilge” sa Leabharlann, Sráid an Mhuillinn, gach Céadaoin, 11am go 12pm. Fáilte roimh gach Éinne.
- Storytelling with Kathleen for 3-7 year olds takes place every Saturday morning from 11am-12pm. Children should be accompanied by an adult.
- Children’s Book Club meets once a month on Saturdays from 12:00-1:00pm. Suitable for children aged 10-12 years. Next meeting Sat Aug 14 at 12 noon.
from: Cork Co Council twitter page & the Cork Co Council website
Very Rev. Jack Fitzgerald, the newly appointed Parish Priest of Millstreet Parish celebrated his first Mass in the Parish Church, Millstreet at 10.00 a.m. today (Thursday). Fr. Jack, a native of Boherbue, had previously been the P.P. of Abbeydorney in North Kerry.
- Welcoming Very Rev. Jack Fitzgerald, P.P. after Mass at St. Patrick’s Church, Millstreet this morning (Thursday) – from left: Mary Murphy, Ballydaly; Con McSweeney, Tooreenbawn & Annmarie Murphy, Ballydaly.