The Department of Education and Science have published an inspection report on Cloghoula National School. We have added the conclusion below, but the whole report is available to read on the Department’s website. Also available are older reports for all the other schools in the Millstreet area, which are also listed below:
The school has strengths in the following areas:
- A highly motivated and dedicated principal and staff.
- A proactive board of management.
- A collaborative approach to the work of the school
- A high quality of education is provided
- The school environment is happy and stimulating.
- The children are well-behaved and cooperative.
- The school is an important focal point in the community and a positive reflection of local customs, practices and expectations.
The following key recommendations are made in order to further improve the quality of education provided by the school:
- Consideration should be given by the Board of Management to addressing the serious accommodation needs of the school and the safety issues associated with the adjacent public road particularly at school opening and closing times.
- It is recommended that a communicative approach to the teaching of Irish be implemented
- Develop a variety of genres and free-writing in both languages
- The school should consider the establishment of a Parents’ Association
- Consider further development of in-class support for pupils with special educational needs
Post-evaluation meetings were held with the staff and the board of management where the draft findings and recommendations of the evaluation were presented and discussed.
Older school inspection reports are available for:
6 + = fifteen