A quick note from Hilary that there is a Christmas Bazaar on in the Dromtarriffe Community Centre on Sunday 29th November from 2pm. This year the proceeds are between Derinagree, Rathcoole and Dromagh National Schools.
The Department of Education and Science have published an inspection report on Cloghoula National School. We have added the conclusion below, but the whole report is available to read on the Department’s website. Also available are older reports for all the other schools in the Millstreet area, which are also listed below:
The school has strengths in the following areas:
- A highly motivated and dedicated principal and staff.
- A proactive board of management.
- A collaborative approach to the work of the school
- A high quality of education is provided
- The school environment is happy and stimulating.
- The children are well-behaved and cooperative.
- The school is an important focal point in the community and a positive reflection of local customs, practices and expectations.
The Wedding Journal Show is back in the Green Glens in the New Year on the 23rd and 24th of January in the Green Glens Arena. Last year was a very successful event, as is described on their website
It may have been icy outside but the Wedding Journal team’s hearts were warmed by the impressive turnout to the Cork Show. Arriving at Millstreet on January 24th, the two-day show was our biggest Cork event to date, with even more exhibitors and visitors than ever before.
Those in search of a New Year bargain weren’t disappointed either, as exhibitors, from photographers, to florists, make-up artists and bridal stores, offered exclusive rates and opportunities to enter competitions throughout weekend event.