The Twenty-Seventh Sunday in Ordinary time 4th October, 2009
Fr. Declan O’Connor P.P. Fr. Gerard O’Leary C.C. & Fr. Micheál Manning A.P.
Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043 / Cullen 029-79028 / Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00a.m-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m-5.00p.m
This weeks Readings can be found on the USCCB New American Bible website
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
Joan Brosnan, Ahane
Margaret O’Shea, Killowen
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday, October 3rd
Millstreet Vigil 7.30 p.m. Alan & Tommy O’Connor, Minor Row
Cullen Vigil 7.30 p.m. Jer & Kitty O’Riordan, Knockduff
Sunday, October 4th
Millstreet 8.30 a.m. Nora Dennehy, Gneeves
Ballydaly 9.30 a.m. Deceased members of the O’Connor Family, Kippagh
Cullen 10.30 a.m. Con & Molly Hickey, Gortnacreeha
Millstreet 11.00 a.m. Dan Cronin, Pound Hill
Martin Moran, Ballyvouskil
Jean Slater, Wilmslow & Clonakilty
Diarmuid Kelleher, Tullig
Jack O’Sullivan, Coalpits
Mary Dineen, Laharn
MASS INTENTIONS FOR NEXT WEEK-END:
Saturday, October 10th:
Millstreet 7.30 p.m. Frank & Catherine O’Riordan, Ballinatona
Cullen 7.30 p.m. Dan Meade, Ahane
Sunday, October 4th:
Millstreet 8.30 a.m. Con & Kate Murphy, Shanaknuck
Ballydaly 9.30 a.m. Dan Guerin (Shop), Ballydaly
Cullen 10.30 am Bridie Herlihy, Glauntane (First Anniversary)
Millstreet 11.00 a.m. John Cronin, Priest’s Cross (Months Mind)
Parish Capital Collection last weekend: €2,630 Thanks.
Millstreet Church: Usual Mass at 10.00 each morning, unless there is a funeral
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament on Friday (9th October) at 7.00p.m. followed by Mass at 7.30p.m.
Wednesday 7th is Feast Day of Our Lady of the Rosary
MILLSTREET CHURCH ALTAR SOCIETY for October 11th & 18th is Group D
MILLSTREET CHURCH ALTAR SERVERS: Parents are invited to enrol their son/daughter to be a server for the new altar server’s rota for 2009/2010 at an information meeting on Thursday night (8th Oct) at 8.00p.m. in the Boys National School.
Rotas for Next Weekend October 10th/11th
|7.30 p.m.||Joe Kelly||Group B|
|8.30 a.m.||Dr. Pat Casey|
|11.00 a.m.||Jerry Doody|
|9.30 a.m.||Dan O’Riordan||Team A|
|7.30 p.m.||Marie Morley||Group E|
|10.30 a.m.||Tom O’Riordan|
- Our Lady of Lourdes church, Ballydaly: To honour the 80th Anniversary of the blessing and opening of Ballydaly Church Mass will be celebrated by Fr. Sean Tucker on Tuesday (13th October) at 7.30p.m.
- Millstreet Juvenile GAA will host the Annual Perpetual Cup Competitions on this Sunday (Oct 4th) at 11.30 in the Town Park.
- THANK YOU: Mary Fitzgerald thanks most sincerely all those who supported the Marymount Hospice coffee morning recently. A total of €1,910.00 was raised.
- CULLEN HEART RESPONSE UNIT: Enrolment night in Cullen Community Centre for defibrillator course on Wednesday 14th October at 8.00p.m. Training for those newly enrolled will take place on Saturday October 31st or Saturday November 14th.
- Clara News notes: All notes for next edition of Clara News must be with editor this weekend (Sunday 4th October)
- Organ lessons: Reminder that Organ lessons commence in Cullen Church on Saturday (10th October).
- Millstreet pipe band: Sincerely thank all those who supported their recent Church Gate Collection in Millstreet and Ballydaly.